September 23, 2012

09.23.2012 Emmys


It's been awhile since I've posted, and I'm sure this is not the most intuitive return to my writing but happening either way. Welcome to the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, and let's not talk about the Emmys. Let's instead talk about the red carpet coverage provided by E! this year.


Aside from listening to Ryan Seacrest chat up random celebrities and act like he's totally besties with everybody (I said "besties," because it's how I imagine Ryan Seacrest talks about his best friends in show business.. not because I like that word), there was one particular aspect of this year's red carpet that I loved.

The "mani cam."

Yes, you heard me correctly. Let's not just talk about the dresses (because, honestly I could talk about that all day) but let's force actresses to "walk" their fingers down a miniature red carpet in a box to show off their manicures. If you thought American culture was ridiculous before, no ordinary eye roll will be sufficient here.

No comments:

Post a Comment