August 28, 2012

08.27.2012 mint.com


You know what's great about only getting a paycheck once per month? Nothing.

After spending an entire month watching your bank account slowly deplete into nothingness, pay day is as sweet as a PayDay. You know. The candy bar? I can't honestly say I've ever particularly enjoyed it as much as a Snickers or Twix, but that actually works. By this point in the month, I've gotten as desperate for money as a moderately hungry person would have to be to tolerate a PayDay bar.

Back to the point. One weekday each month, I am happy for a weekday (doesn't include national holidays, vacation days, and basically any other weekday I'm not in the office). One weekday each month, I re-visit mint.com and marvel at how much fun it is to realize I have no money!


If you've never visited mint.com, it's time to get there. Some people may freak out knowing there is one site that knows all of your banking account information and person information, but I say "you help me budget the amount of money I want to spend on 'Alcohol & Bars' each month within your array of features? Here are my passwords! And let's raise that limit by borrowing some money from my 'Groceries' budget!"

I've had a mint.com account for well over a year, and I love it. I love it almost as much as I love having enough money to set some aside in the 'Goals' feature. Let's just say that "Trip to Tahiti" may not happen for awhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment