January 14, 2012

01.14.2012 Ace Hotel NYC


Next time you find yourself visiting New York City, there's really only one place to stay. Ace Hotel on W. 29th and Broadway is where you need to be. As the near embodiment of the word "hip," it may not be the place for everybody. In a way, though, maybe it's your chance to redefine yourself, trade in the tourist fanny pack, and be cool (or keep the fanny pack and redefine the fanny pack as "cool").



Even the small, "cheap" rooms (not pictured here... but go with it) are comfortable and awesome, complete with Polaroid camera at your disposal (I already called this place "hip," right?).  And when you're cruising out at night in your heels and club gear, you almost aren't surprised to find a line of people outside waiting to get in and party in the lobby.

Then again, you might love it so much that you never leave. A view of the Empire State Building and a cloud-like mattress almost kept me away from the city, but I couldn't disappoint New York like that. Plus, I needed new clothes to wear as I made my entrance and exit from the hotel. So hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment