July 4, 2013

Fiat 500 "Italian Invasion"

To continue my theme from yesterday, I decided to take a look at how the advertising industry has taken our day of appreciation for the freedom we have as Americans and made it into a selling device. Because nothing screams, "let's spend our discretionary income on little imported cars!" better than this commercial. And though I'd like to say I'm entirely critical, there's honestly something about this that, while I don't love it, I can't seem to hate it.

I mean, in this director's cut of the television spot, the final line of "This is going to start a revolution," is replaced by "This is going to be so much better than the tea party." Need I say more?



Also... hey, look it's that girl that was on America's Next Top Model that one season!

No comments:

Post a Comment