July 2, 2013

The Future

Let's go back to the future. As in, let's take this blog to the next level, let's get philosophical, let's talk about the great unknown of the years ahead, and let's appreciate this opportunity to use this image from a "Back to the Future" film. If anybody knows the future, it's Doc Brown.

"Back to the Future Part II," 1989


After deciding that a Sunday afternoon was the perfect time to randomly stop in with a psychic, I couldn't help but consider the profound thought that, "hey, I just paid some random woman to look at my hand and tell me nothing specific about my life that I couldn't have just made up myself."

I didn't expect to hear every detail about my future, nor did I want to hear every detail about my future. Does anybody want to hear "you will be surrounded by the love of ten cats in your lonely future?" And I mean no offense to somebody that considers a feline-filled future to be a good one, but I'd rather just leave things open to interpretation and keeping holding onto that glass while it's still half-full.

Let me keep trying to predict what teams are going to win in the NCAA tournament and be entirely wrong. Let me be convinced that I know who will win "The Bachelor," even without reading the spoilers online. Let me tell myself that I will never end up living with ten cats... Nine, maybe. But ten? Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment