July 3, 2012

07.03.2012 Hillstone Restaurant


The Hillstone on 27th and Park in New York City provided the chic (though dimly lit) backdrop for a ladies' night/Independence Day's Eve dinner, where my request for suggestions resulted in recommendations that covered no less than 50% of the menu. This doesn't include the $2 bread. The $2 bread is apparently not worth it. I've been warned. You've been warned. We've all been warned to avoid value-priced carbs.

Before continuing, I'd like to note that this is my first foray into the world of restaurant reviews. For those that know me well, you may agree that I am possibly the least qualified to provide any opinion on food. Based on the fact that the staples of my diet consist of  instant iced coffee packs, mac'n'cheese, peanut butter, and multivitamins in gummy bear form (they're good enough that I don't mind eating more than the recommended daily dose), you're probably right.

This is why I'll only be covering the condiments. Actually, I don't think I'm qualified to do even that, so I'm just going to include a picture and say I'm really glad that even though my friends ordered an amount of condiments unheard for a group of four girls (three girls actually, since one of the members of our party has a deep-seated and somewhat rational fear of condiments), the restaurant staff at Hillstone was more than accommodating and definitely did not outwardly appear to be judging us. Long sentence short, I'm a fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment