July 4, 2012

07.04.2012 Independence Day


No Fourth of July celebration is ever complete without a viewing of the 1996 Will Smith classic "Independence Day." However, American television networks decided that wasn't important this year. Instead we were forced to tolerate a full-day marathon of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" on E!.

I'm sorry, but I thought we were going to celebrate how awesome America is, not spend the day shaking our heads and rolling our eyes at a family whose only somewhat meaningful contribution to the United States was Bruce Jenner's gold medal in the 1976 Olympic decathlon. I digress.

Because I didn't get to watch one of the greatest Jeff Goldblum films of all time (he has a lower bar than Will Smith- "Hitch" is a pretty awesome movie), I want only to get on my soap box to remind people how awesome that movie is. Let's just say I hope America gets their priorities in order by 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment