December 10, 2012

The "Fiscal Cliff"



With all of these talks regarding the "fiscal cliff," I naturally had to get in on the action. Considering the majority of my blog posts contain an abundance of nonsense and sarcasm, you may not have expected me to choose this topic (I did post a video of a dancing dog yesterday, after all). Surprise! Let's talk about the fiscal cliff!

Before I lose most of you at the thought of politics, I've decided to make this a "choose your adventure" kind of deal. You are presented with an option of two cliffs between which to decide...

Source: AP

(A) The first cliff puts our country's financial future in jeopardy! Budget cuts, tax rate increases, and bipartisan collaboration, oh my! (Let's allow this photo gallery from Forbes do the talking. It would do a much better job at explaining the situation than I would anyways..) Interesting, right? Nothing screams "cool blog post topic" like national debt-to-GDP ratios!

(B) Even if you didn't want to read about the fiscal cliff, you probably had to skim the above paragraph, meaning you were just tricked. As consolation, I'll give you the second cliff anyways. And if you read the above article, this will be your reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment