December 5, 2012

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show


Every year, Victoria's Secret is able to lure us in and convince us that we're watching a fashion show and not a one hour commercial for their stores. And every year, I end out that hour thinking that maybe this year, I'll actually go to a Victoria's Secret location near me and buy something when it ISN'T the Semi-Annual sale. 

I would just like to say that last night's show did not do any better at (1) getting a non-discounted purchase out of me or (2) convincing me that models are normal people just like you and me. While it's cute to hear the background stories of a few select "Angels," this isn't the Olympics. The stories aren't really inspiring or motivational when success follows being singled out at a mall somewhere and carted off to New York to toss your hair around and make faces at a camera. I digress..

Long story short, the people in the Victoria's Secret marketing department are brilliant, and even though I bitterly rant against it year after year, I still watch and still clearly love watching the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?

In addition, I might now be obsessed with this playlist from the screening party for this year's show.. and all of the other Victoria's Secret themed playlists on this site..

No comments:

Post a Comment