February 16, 2012

02.16.2012 New York Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week has been in action, and I've been keeping my eyes on the fashion blogs. However, I've found it difficult to really like anything. It all seems to be a strange array of muted tones and an awkward attempt at mixing clean lines with pattern and texture. I am by no means a fashion critic, but it just feels so easy to be critical of the line-up I'm getting this year.

Then, I saw Fashionologie's collection of street style photos. The style of random people on the street has impressed me more than the people who get paid to do that. Not surprising, I guess? A few of my favorite examples:


 If I didn't work in a pretty traditional office where these shoes would almost be more out of place than denim cut-off's on summertime casual Fridays, I would find a way to wear them everyday. Yes, EVERY day.


Among the many things I love about this bag, let's discuss that it has not one, but TWO carrying straps. Fashionable AND practical (if you frequently find yourself wishing that your handbags came with multiple length shoulder and arm straps for carrying... could just be me).


I don't know about you, but I always knew that someday all those hours I spent making friendship bracelets as a child would pay off! Not only do I still have a few that were made back in the day for the number of non-existent friends I apparently had, but I definitely logged enough hours to still know my way around the old knot-tying techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment