March 12, 2012

03.12.2012 "Call Me Maybe"



This song has been a favorite on my playlist for a little while now, but I was just waiting ANXIOUSLY for the music video. Similar to how Rebecca Black's "Friday" was nothing without the image of her actually riding in the back seat with her "friends," this song takes on new meaning when you can see this normal teenager spontaneously perform in her garage, while wearing entirely too much make-up for somebody her age (kids these days).

Also, I'd like to get on my soap box for a second and just say how disappointed I am. Have a little confidence. Sure, the lyrics "call me maybe" might fit the rhythm of the song better, but couldn't you have at least said "call me definitely and don't take your sweet time doing so?" I think you could.

No comments:

Post a Comment