March 16, 2012

03.16.2012 Grand Forks Olive Garden


This image is not an image of the Grand Forks Olive Garden but is instead an image of Marilyn Hagerty, the local food critic for the Grand Forks Herald in Grand Forks, North Dakota. It is thanks to Marilyn Hagerty that the Grand Forks Olive Garden (and all Oliver Garden restaurants for that matter) achieved increased popularity since her review went to press on March 7.

(Note: click the link below and READ this review. It's great.)


I have a few things I'd like to say:
a) I want this to be my job. I want to write reviews of an Olive Garden, where I describe the place as "the largest and most beautiful restaurant now operating" and say it without the slightest sense of irony. 
b) All the people that are criticizing Marilyn for her critique should stop. Okay, she drank water instead of the raspberry lemonade the waitress recommended, but at least she said "on a hot summer day, I will try the raspberry lemonade that was recommended." She's open to the lemonade. Get over it. 
c) I forgot how much I liked Olive Garden restaurants. And I never thought I'd hear myself admit that. 

"Olive Garden has gained a following since 1982 with its ample portions and relaxed ambiance." Marilyn knows ambiance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment