March 14, 2012

03.14.2012 Vitamin D








Vitamin D is cool! You know what's not cool? Being Vitamin D deficient. Not cool.

But where does one find vitamin D? Apparently there are very few foods that contain vitamin D. Let's name them: a few varieties (or all... I skimmed the list so I"m not sure) of fish, dairy products, and food voluntarily fortified with vitamin D.

Based on this research, I'm confused. How am I from Wisconsin and Vitamin D deficient? What am I implying here? I'm implying that people from Wisconsin over-index in dairy product consumption. Something doesn't make sense. That rumor about sunlight being a source of vitamin D? Still up for debate.

One more source. Vitamin D supplements. Found these on Soap.com and might be buying them. One potential outcome of Vitamin D deficiency is rickets. Sounds terrible. No thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment