November 12, 2012

Gossip Girl

The Monday night tradition continues. Since September 2007, this CW drama has increased national sales of headbands and inspired a generation of girls to believe that the Upper East Side of Manhattan is a magical place filled with eligible, wealthy young men and girls that eat their breakfast yogurts on the steps of The Met.

Source: Wikipedia

Disregarding any discrepancy between melodramatic primetime and reality (I live in the Upper East Side and prefer to eat bagels at The Met, thanks), I'd like to focus on how this is the show's final season. Filled with awkward romantic relationships, high school drama, been-there-done-that plot lines, and a little more Barry Watson (of "7th Heaven" fame) than I was prepared for, it's probably a good thing it's the last season.

I'm not impressed. McKayla Maroney is not impressed. What's that? London 2012 Olympics jokes are outdated? Don't care. Starting to think that Gossip Girl may be the same way. Less relevant than they used to be but I'm still going back for more. (And yes, I still think McKayla Maroney jokes are funny.)


No comments:

Post a Comment