November 1, 2012

Kobe Bryant

(Photo: Jaime Valdez, US Presswire)


After a one month hiatus, I will guess that nobody thought my first topic would be Kobe Bryant. Well, it is. Even though Los Angeles added Steve Nash and Dwight Howard to their line-up (that's a big deal, for anybody who isn't a basketball fan), the Lakers haven't won a game this season. Out of two games. No need for alarm.

The fans are not happy about this 0-2 record, and elicited this response from the Lakers' guard and guy who took Brandy to his high school prom (yes, that happened and I'm bringing it up again):

"I just I don't understand. The city here, for me, not trying to bite my tongue and not calling them dumb, which I kind of just did, but they've seen us win multiple championships here playing in an offense that was tough to learn. ... They know how that stuff works."

"I won't say idiotic, but it's close."

I'm not saying this because I love Shaquille O'Neal, but I think that things really took a turn when Shaq left that team. I'd like to think that Kobe is channeling Shaq in the above finger wag (not Dikembe Mutombo, but guessing not many people know the difference, so let's just say Shaq and go with it). 

Who says the NBA can't be exciting??? Fear the Deer!*


*I'm a Milwaukee fan, and that's what Bucks fans say. In case you didn't know the Bucks had catchphrases... or fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment