November 19, 2012

My Favorite Oprah's Favorite Thing

The holidays are nearly upon us, and if you haven't started listening to "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer," drinking peppermint mochas, or watching "Love Actually," you definitely haven't started gift shopping yet. But have no fear, Oprah is here!

 She may no longer be on ordinary network television, but thanks to the wonders of the worldwide web, you can still stalk down the hit wish list of every holiday season known as "Oprah's Favorite Things." While I oppose her theft of lyrics from one of my favorite Julie Andrews musicals and criticize the outlandish and unnecessary nature of her selections, I fall into Oprah's product placement trap every year.

Right next to the bizarre yet stylish Dyson blade fan, the nouveau chic Microsoft Surface tablet computer, and the Josh Groban holiday album (not surprising) is the one item on the list that stood out best to me. The Corkcicle.


Sky Mall-worthy and more reasonably priced than the $238 set of bar soaps, this gift simply screams "I'm perfect for people that drink wine and are classy enough to care about the temperature of the wine, because they can tell the difference in taste!" Took me awhile to figure out it's not actually frozen water, but I'd still say that it's perfect for people that like novelty ice cubes and throw practicality to the wind. So really, it's perfect for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment