November 28, 2012

Powerball Lottery

Though the only source of this statistic is a casual office conversation (i.e. no idea how factual it is), I was told that you have a better chance of being elected President of the United States or being born with an extra finger than winning today's $587.5M Powerball. Among those three highly unlikely scenarios, I'd take the money.

But you can't win if you don't play, so I definitely bought a lottery ticket. What's even more significant here is the fact that I've never purchased a lottery ticket before, making this my first time getting a lottery ticket and hopefully my last time going into a bodega in New York City and excitedly proclaiming to a line of complete strangers, "I'm playing Powerball for the first time and don't know what I'm doing! But let's buy a Powerball ticket!"

Source: Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment