January 5, 2013

Essie "Good to Go"

The reader's familiarity with the title of this post is likely an indicator that a broader audience may have less interest in the subject matter. If, due to unfamiliarity, you've used the picture as a guidepost for the content of today's writing, you've likely figured out that we're talking about nail painting. Excellent work, detective.


Source: essie.com

When the economy took a hit, there was a noted increase in the sales of nail polish as people turned away from pricier salon manicures in favor of mastering nail bling skills on their own. As a person that appreciates a good change in nail color, I know the stress of the nail painting routine, particularly the agony of the drying process.

Nail salons will use space age contraptions that expose your delicate hands to a special blue light that supposedly makes the paint dry faster, but you better believe I'm not buying one of those for my apartment (nor would I even know where to begin looking for one). Instead, I have hoped to expedite the process by waving my hands in the air as though trying unsuccessfully to take flight, and I have also been guilty of using my own breath to attempt a speedy completion of the task at hand. Pun intended.

But even as you delicately attempt to go about your day, you are bound to never have dry nail polish just as soon as you would like. The inevitable happens, and before you are sure that the nails are finished, you have just smudged that polish on any number of objects in your home (or beyond the walls of your residence, if you so boldly decide to leave in such an uncertain state), and it is time to start again.

All I can say is that after buying a bottle of Essie "Good To Go" top coat, I no longer have this issue. I had always denied my need for such a thing but cannot imagine painting my nails without it. Not only have I gotten a few minutes back in my life in which I no longer need to invent ways to dry my nail polish on my own, but it also just makes my nails look damn good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment