January 17, 2013

Jeremy Lin and VOLVO

It feels like just yesterday that I was simply gushing over this new guy in the NBA and eagerly purchasing a #17 "Lin" tee-shirt from the nearest tourist gift shop in Manhattan. You know, the Harvard boy that went from living on his brother's couch in NYC to getting serious court time with the New York Knicks before getting injured and moving on to the Houston Rockets? Yeah, that's the guy. (Note: I still own that Jeremy Lin Knicks shirt, and I still wear it... more frequently than I should admit to.)

Well, looks like he's not doing too badly these days considering I almost lost my cool when I unexpectedly saw him featured in this recent Volvo ad, appropriately titled "The Unexpected Ones." Will it make me buy a Volvo? No, probably not. But will it make me go digging around on YouTube to find the ad and re-post it in my blog? Obviously.


And will it then lead me to browse a few other related videos and re-post this one, titled "How to Get Into Harvard," which makes me fall in love with Jeremy Lin all over again? Yeah, this is happening. (Another note: during the selfie webcam segments, check out the sick Latrell Sprewell poster behind Jeremy Lin. Just saying.)


No comments:

Post a Comment