January 20, 2013

The Sundaes

Couldn't resist following a post titled "The Saturdays" on a Saturday with a similar play on words for Sunday's post topic. Sunday. Sundae. It's happening. And after it happens, I'm going out to buy some ice cream.

 I was also inspired by a recent trip to a Ghirardelli's, where I ordered the Gold Rush Sundae, fell in love (I blame the peanut butter), and started to then think about the other sundaes in my life that just play hard to get and narrowly escape my love. It's probably for the better.

Shake Shack. That's all. Their custard and concretes are incredible, but you need to get on those sundaes if you haven't. I swiped the following photo from the blog of LPKHeartsFood, and even though the original post is over 2 years old, the magic of a Shake Shake Sunday is timeless. I hear you, LPK.

 

Next? Serendipity's Golden Opulence Sundae. With the $1,000 price tag, this better be one amazing sundae. I'll probably never eat one, but a girl can dream about the Tahitian vanilla ice cream, chocolate truffles, and 23-carat gold leaf. They require 48 hours notice to create one, so at least I'm protected from any impulsive decision making (not to mention a frequently depleted bank account).

No comments:

Post a Comment