January 11, 2013

"Walk This Way" by Aerosmith and Run DMC

It's a Friday night. If you're not out already, you should be going out. If you're not planning on going out, you should either go out or at least make sure you have decent alternate plans (promise me that you have good alternate plans!). While I can't control what you're doing on this Friday evening, I can still at least suggest a song for your Friday evening plans, whatever they may be. Please just allow me that. A mere suggestion isn't too much to ask, is it?

No surprise what song I'm recommending, though I will admit that this choice may not appeal to everybody. Tough luck. Go on Youtube and search that new Ke$ha song or something instead. See what I care! Anyways, for those that enjoy the original Aerosmith song and/or subsequent classic collaboration (again acknowledging that I use the word "classic" subjectively) with Run DMC, you likely haven't listened to it in in awhile. As I realized today, also having not heard this track in far too long, it's a shame. It's pretty great (in my opinion).

Though the video is listed under the Run DMC YouTube channel, it really is more of an Aerosmith gem in my mind. Then again, what does it matter? Turn the song on, turn it up, and, go ahead, walk that way... even if you still can't decide whether that means to walk in a particular manner or to walk in a specific direction. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment